Thursday, March 30, 2023

Transgender Day of Visibility 2023

If a picture is worth a thousand words, than how much value is there to a video lasting more than fourteen minutes?  It has been some time since I last posted to Transgender In and Out of State, the primary reason being that for the past three years I have put all of my eggs in one basket by devoting myself to writing a memoir.  After three major rewrites and working with a professional content editor, I now have an agent, the Association for Diplomatic Studies and Training.  Thus there is hope we will find a publisher, but as of yet there is no guarantee.  For more, do watch the video.  I'll be happy to send a draft of the memoir to anyone who is interested.





In the video I urge transgender Americans with an interest in languages, history, and culture to follow in my footsteps as a Foreign Service Officer (i.e., diplomat) with the U.S. Department of State.  Sign up for and take the test, the FSOT.  You have nothing to lose and perhaps a career to gain.  The Department of State is one of the most welcoming government agencies for transgender, gender queer, and non-binary persons.  In glifaa it has one of the oldest, strongest associations advocating for the rights of LGBTQI+ officers and staff.

I also mention the weekly missives that I send to an e-mail distribution.  If you would like to sign up for this, send an e-mail to me at msrobyn-alice@usa.net.

Now retired, I spend much of my free time on my Rivendell Atlantis bicycle.  I call her WoodsWoman.  Last year I bike-packed with her from the Arctic Ocean in Deadhorse, Alaska, through Canada down to Montana.  For more on that and other bicycle adventures, see my alternate blog, Alice In and Out of State.

2 comments:

  1. If you don’t mind, I’d like to take a look at https://emilysvirtualrocket.blogspot.com. There are four sections:

    1- A Wikipedia section which features LGBT people of note. When possible, transgender folks are featured. On Sundays Leeja Miller takes over, with legal blogs.

    2- “Livin’ in Connecticut” is here, with various towns and cities featured. If you live in Connecticut, or know someone who does, please sign the petition.

    3- Transgender news is here. Various newspapers are featured, among others.

    4- Ed Trevors is here. He is an Anglican priest, with a liberal bent. I appreciate him more and more each day. I hope you will too.

    Please leave comments in the blog. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, sincere apologies for not reacting sooner. (I was traveling at the time you left your comment.) I love your blog, hope to be a regular reader, and recommend it to others!

    ReplyDelete