Friday, January 25, 2013

Like a Natural Woman -- or -- The Exclamation Point (Part 7)

Please forgive me if I am short today and write with many typos.  I'm in bed and can't quite see the keyboard.  I'm typing by feel.

I went into surgery yesterday at 9am.  I wasn't back in the room that OD and I are sharing until around 8pm.  I had breast augmentation (BA) in addition to gender confirmation surgery (GCS), so that might explain why I was in surgery so long.  OD was back in our room by 4pm after her SRS-only surgery the previous day.
Phuket International Hospital

I'm in no real pain at the moment, as I am still getting pain medication intravenously.  That will end sometime today, and then I will be on pills only.  I know from OD that she was in pain for the first hours after her intravenous ended, but this morning she says she is much better.  I can't tell you how wonderful it is to be in the same room and support each other.

In Dr. Sanguan's method, I will be back in surgery on Sunday for him to replace the packing in my vagina.  I will be in surgery yet again next week (Tuesday) for him to remove the packing and insert the vaginal lining.  Then I will be able to start dilating, the wonderful do-it-yourself experience -- yes, I am being ironic -- that all post-ops must go through multiple times each day for many months to come.

I will meet with the facial surgeon Dr. Rushapol over the next few days for us to decide how much facial feminization surgery (FFS) is advisable.  If we do anything, it will be after my final surgery with Dr. Sanguan.  The question, of course, is how much the two doctors think is reasonable and how much pain I can stand in a single month.

I am about to have my first real meal in two days.  OD will be able to get out of bed today and take a short walk up and down the hallway.  I will be fixed to the bed, reading, listening to music and watching movies.

How do I feel?  The answer is simple.  I feel wonderful!  In the words of Carole King, thanks to Dr. Sanguan and the staff of the Phuket International Hospital, I feel just like a natural woman.




* * * * * * * * * * * *

Follow these links for more of The Exclamation Point:
Previous entry -- Fates that Intertwine
Following entry -- All in the Zadnitsa

No comments:

Post a Comment